Salt Spring Dream Vacation Terms and Conditions
SECURING A RESERVATION
Thank you for your interest in Dream Vacation. In order to secure a reservation, please contact us at Dream Vacation by email or phone. When the booking is confirmed, we will send you confirmation of your booking. Please review our rental terms and if you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
- Reservations made more than two months before date of arrival require a 50% deposit.
- Reservations made less than two months before date of arrival require a 100% payment.
- We accept MC and VISA.
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Rental period begins: 4pm on arrival date
Rental period ends: 10am on departure date
- Arrival and departure times may be flexible if previous bookings allow. Please feel free to contact us.
Rates may be subject to the applicable taxes and fees below:
*The HST 12% government tax in Canada
*Transaction and booking fee of 4%
The rental price includes:
*all bed lines and towels
*local phone service in some of the properties
*internet service and computer in some of the properties
*conceirge service available upon request for an an additonal fee
Deposits and Payment:
Fifty percent (50%) deposit required for reservations made more than two months in advance.
One hundred percent (100%) payment is required for reservation made less than two months in advance.
- No rental is confirmed until you, the renter, accept the Rental Agreement terms and conditions and your card is charged. Lastly to finalize and secure your reservation we will need a scanned / faxed credit card authorization form for all security deposits by credit card.
- The balance of the rental is due two months before arrival. If the balance has not been paid by this date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking, void your contract and retain your initial payment.
DAMAGE DEPOSIT AUTHORIZATION FORM
A damage deposit, in the form of a credit card authorization (see attached), is intended to compensate (in whole or part) for the following contingencies: breakages (excluding such minor breakages as drinking glasses); damage to the interior or exterior of the Property other than normal wear and tear; other loss of or to the Property; cleaning costs if in excess of the usual amount. Dream Vacation is not responsible for damages that are not clearly visible or for items easily overlooked. In the event that the Owner identifies any claim or damages allegedly caused by the Guest(s) the Owner will advise the Guests in writing within 3 business days of the last date of tenancy, giving full particulars of the alleged damages and allowing the Guest(s) the opportunity to view (in person or through photographs) anysuch damages claimed. Any damage claimed shall be supported by a minimum of two competitive estimates. In the event of a damage deposit claim, the amount deducted from the damage deposit shall be the amount claimed by the Owner, pending resolution of any dispute between the Owner and Guests. Dream Vacation is not responsible for any dispute between the Guests and the Owner regarding any deduction from the damage deposit or any amount claimed by the Owner in excess of the amount of the damage deposit, and such disputes shall be dealt with between the owner and the Guests directly.
- Group size is determined at time of reservation and is indicated in the rental agreement. Owners are not responsible for any problems arising during a rental where these terms are not respected.
- If extra people occupy the property above the maximun number extra fees may apply.
- Renter will personally occupy property for said dates and not sublet under any conditions.
Renter agrees to be quiet and respectful of neighbours at all times.
This includes no excessive noise on the property. Please act as you would want others to act in your own home.
Renter agrees not to smoke inside home or cottage. Smoking is allowed outside and on decks in most properties.
Cancellation by Client
In the event of a cancellation, all sums paid to Dream Vacation as of the date of such cancellation, shall be forfeited, unless Dream Vacation is able to re-rent property for the same period, in which event, the amounts paid, less a 20% administrative fee will be refunded to the renter.
Cancellation Insurance is the renter’s personal responsibility. We strongly recommend that you take out cancellation insurance for your trip. Dream Vacation will not be held responsible for cancellations for ANY reason. Please protect yourself.
If you change your travel dates, this becomes a new rental.
Cancellation by Dream Vacation
In the rare but possible circumstance, due to but not limited to, damage or sale
of the house or cottage, flooding , fire, and major construction on building or environs, Dream Vacation will then be unable to provide you, the renter, with the property originally booked. We then reserve the right to offer to you:
- A property of equal or greater value in exchange. If the property is of greater value, you will be asked to pay the difference, or if this is unacceptable, you will be given 100% refund.
- If the only thing available is a smaller property of lesser value, you will be given a choice of taking it with a refund for the difference in price from your original booking or if this is unacceptable , you will recieve 100% refund.
- If nothing is available for your dates, we will cancel the booking and immediately give you a full refund.
Renter agrees to inform the Owners immediately of any damages that occur during stay.
Equipment Breakdowns Property Owners cannot be held responsible, at any time, for breakdown of mechanical equipment in the rental property. This includes, but is not limited to, heat, electricity, water, propane, cable, internet, cell phone connection or for failure of public utilities. Please alert the owner of any problem as soon as it is identified. Every effort will be made to rectify problems. If we are not informed of a problem, owners cannot resolve it for you.
Internet, Cell Phone
Some properties provides a working internet connection. If internet access is essential during your stay, be sure you confirm that the property you have chosen has internet and we also reccommend that you bring your own computer and cable as we would not want your stay affected in the event of a problem with the computer on the property. Wireless access is available at many cafe's in the town of Ganges.
Cell phone reception on the island is extremely unpredictable. There are areas where it is fine and areas that do not have any reception at all and this can change daily. If phone service is essential to you we suggest you stay at a property that has a local/long-distance landline.
The property will be thoroughly clean when you arrive and we ask that you leave it tidy when you depart. If upon arrival there is any issue of cleanliness, please notify the owner as soon as possible.
DREAM VACATION PRIVACY STATEMENT
- Protecting the privacy of our clientele is extremely important to Dream Vacation.. This is an obligation that we take very seriously. We are committed to protecting all of your personal information.
- At Dream Vacation we will never release your personal data, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, etc. without your consent. We do not rent, sell or distribute any part of your information collected to any third party organization.
- We only use your information to complete your orders and for your own personal statistics (which we do not give to anyone).
- All credit card information is kept confidential and safeguarded.